Social Service Coordinators provides assessments and referrals to services which enhance our residents’ quality of life and extend their ability to age in place. Our residents wish to remain living in their community amongst friends, neighbors, and staff members who know and care about them. Our well-trained, on-site Service Coordinators make this possible through collaboration with community service agencies.
In addition to social services, our communities include social programming such as bingo, exercise classes, holiday celebrations, and shopping excursions. We support Resident Associations in representing resident interests and organizing additional activities.
Service offerings vary from CCH community to CCH community. Most offer a lending library and small computer center. Some offer free internet service, gardening opportunities, community space use or rental (for private use), a guest suite for visitors, discounted meals brought into the building, free parking, free produce bags, and a whole host of other amenities and services.
Most importantly, our management staff members come to CCH with a strong desire to be of service. We connect with our residents on many levels. CCH often acts as a “second family” to those whose family may not be close by.
Our partners benefit from the expertise of these internal CCH departments:
- Compliance – ensures that our policies and practices are aligned with complex regulatory requirements and that staff is adequately trained in required areas
- Fair Housing – ensures that our policies and practices are in keeping with Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and Section 504 Americans with Disabilities Act
- Maintenance – provides services such as building component and systems analysis, trouble shooting, inspection preparation, and staff training
- Social Service – provides support, training and quality assurance for Service Coordinators
- Information and Technology sets standards for technical equipment, assists with purchasing, and provides direct technical support to site staff
- Accounting and Finance – prepare annual budgets, monthly financial statements, funders’ reports, and tax filings; secure insurance; and pay site expenses
- Human Resources – deals with all aspects of employee and applicant matters
- Housing Development – provides assistance on refinancing, oversees major rehabilitation, and develops new buildings